Saturday, August 26, 2006

Two Small Ideas

On Friday, I made two very small changes to my life - really, really minor things - but they both helped and had an almost near-instant effect, so I thought they were worth sharing.

1. Add NOTEPAD.EXE to my Windows XP QuickLaunch bar. I use Visual Notepad .NET a lot. Usually as "Stat, Run..., Notepad". I use it mainly for stripping out formatting. So I'll copy something from one place, paste it in to Notepad, copy it again, and then paste it somewhere else - possibly with some minor editing in between. This is a sure-fire way of stripping out any formatting. I guess I do this several times a day. Adding Notepad to the QuickLaunch bar makes this SO much faster.

2. Installed Google Notebook on every computer I use. It's quite often the case that I'll discover something interesting at work - a piece of information, a webpage - whatever. Sometimes, I want to follow these things up at home or share them with other members of the family. I have a simple and easy way of doing this - I paste whatever it is into an e-mail and mail it to my private e-mail account - then access that from home in Outlook Express. Google Notebook replaces that - try it - www.google.com/notebook.

I hope these two little tips help you too. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home